Monday, October 10, 2011

Needle Felting = Cuteness Monsters


How did I not know how much fun needle felting is until now? Ahhh, the excitement of a "new" craft, don't you love it? My newly-found obsession spurred me to buy this absolutely gorgeous pack of wool roving so I can make lots of little animals, which, I'm certain my cat will think I made specifically for her as a toy. I mean, everything I do is for her, right? The consistent poke-poke-poking needed to shape the wool into, well, anything is both calming for my nervoustwitchyness and also soooo soothing to my virgo need for order and to bedoingsomething. Mmm, feels good.

Also, in my googling of said new-craft, I found this woman, for whom I have an equal amount of inspired awe and creepy-vibes. Small, felted versions of the family pet? Hmm. What a glorious clash of weird and sweet. She is also extremely talented: the likenesses are incredible, really.

Anyway, since I only had blue roving left over from my starter kit when I did this little lady, she's blue, and I love her for it. Her vest is dyked-out with a lovely womyn's symbol on the back and is complete with tiny little white buttons on the front.




So, I guess this answers that question: What if mice DID wear jackets? Answer: Totally Adorbes, as expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment